Friday, September 28, 2012

Beto's On Boradway


I wanted my first restaurant review to be about my all time favorite restaurant. Beto’s on Broadway is one of the best places I have ever eaten at. I normally do not go to a place like this but I got a great deal on Groupon and it was my wedding anniversary. We had seen Beto’s on the food network show Diner, Drive-ins, and Dives and said we needed to try that place out. The day I saw the groupon deal I knew I had to get it.
From the outside you really don’t think much about it. There is a great outside patio section that is perfect for family dinners or just a get together with friends. The staff is very friendly and the owner is always walking around checking on things. As my husband I sat there we kept hearing smooth jazz music playing and we thought it was a radio, but we were so wrong there was a man in the coroner playing the piano which is really cool to me. The atmosphere is a laid back but kind of fancy. They had a full bar with beer, wine, mojitos, and margaritas but we didn’t have any drinks.
The menu consists of empanadas, tacos, burgers, and Quesadillas If you know what empanadas are let me tell you these are not your average empanadas. The groupon deal we got was good for 2 combos, and a desert. My husband picked the Calabacita con Puerco empanada and I picked the Chicken Poblano empanada. Each combo comes with rice, beans, salad, and a drink. When we took the first bit out of our empanadas we were instantly in love with out meal. I have never eaten something like that in an empanada. The flavors were so unique and different. The rice and beans that came with the food were so good they didn’t have an overcooked taste like you find at other places.  You could tell the food was freshly made and hadn’t been sitting out all day.
The best part of our meal at Beto’s was the desert. We order the banana w/leche quemada and pecan sweet empanada. The desert comes with a cup of coffee and vanilla ice cream. The empanada itself is the best thing I have ever tasted in my whole life and trust me I have tasted a lot of food. It was warm and reminded me of my grandma and the empanadas she use to make me as a child. There are no words to explain the taste of these empanadas. We saw people coming in just to order the desert empanadas because that’s how good they are. The vanilla ice cream was not just regular vanilla ice cream they did something special to it I am not sure what they did but man oh man it was the best dang ice cream I ever had.
I highly recommend Beto’s to anyone looking for a special place to take someone on a first date, an anniversary dinner, or even just a special meal with the family.
If you would like to find out more information about Beto’s you can find them on their facebook page or on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment