Sunday, October 7, 2012

Don Pedro Mexican Restaurant


The husband and I went on a late lunch date to a very popular Mexican restaurant called Don Pedro. I went with the carne guisada plate. If you don’t know what carne guisada is it’s basically meat in gravy like sauce. It’s kind of hard to explain what it is unless you know it. The plate came with ride and beans because that’s just how Mexican plates are suppose to come. The food was very fresh compared to other Mexican restaurants that I have been to.
The man that waited onus was very nice and was always there to refill our glass of tea, which is very important to me because I am a Texan who loves her tea. The prices on the plates are a little higher than you would find at some other places but it is worth the extra money. They have a wide variety of food to choose from such as fish tacos to hamburgers.  Don Pedro’s also has really good margaritas, now I am not a big drinker but we happened to be there during happy hour. The waiter told us about a new margarita they have now that is called the chamoirita which has 3 flavors in it lime, mango, strawberry. I saw it and I really wanted to try it so I ordered one. I must say I have never tasted anything like it and I really enjoyed it. It was a little strong for me but like I said I am not a big drinker.
Don Pedro’s has a breakfast buffet that I hear awesome things about. I look forward to going in and trying the breakfast buffet and reporting back to my readers and letting you guys know if it’s as good as they say.


Don Pedro’s is located at 1526 South West Military Dr in San Antonio Texas. If you would like to read their menu or find out more information you can find their website Here

No comments:

Post a Comment